MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

More ALL questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelHacker
mpvallsportaddict

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: More ALL questions Reply with quote

Hey All...

This ALL system has got me completely bugged. My question related to this issue is this: Is the rear of the van with ALL system supposed to slowly lower when the engine is shut down? Is that normal?? I think I fixed the leak, as the compressor does shut off, and only comes on every few minutes to maintain pressure, but when I shut it the motor off, it slowly leaks down. WHAT IS NORMAL FOR THIS SYSTEM??? Someone please help. I am almost considering installing straight shocks, and forget about the ALL system.

Thanks in advance -MH

98 4WD All Sport ES and loving it.
veronica

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: More ALL questions Reply with quote

It sounds like you still have a leak.

Now that ours is fixed this is the way it works.....

When we turn the engine on, the ALL light flashes a few times and then goes off. If we put a lot of weight on the rear (like if a large passenger gets in the back), it will flash on a few times while the compressor puts more air into the shocks. Then it stops. Other than adjusting for added weight to the back, the compressor doesn't kick back on.

The rear end does not sink back down when the engine is turned off - if it does, you still have a leak. And if the compressor is kicking on and off while you're driving, it still has a leak (unless you have a large football team jumping up and down in the backseat - it would probably come on and off then).

Mine was doing exactly what you describe before we fixed it. We talked to the Mazda people and they said as long as the compressor is working to keep air in the shocks (even if it's kicking off and on) that it's not going to damage the suspension on your van. The compressor will completely wear out faster and you will probably blow fuses, but that's not really a big deal since if your pump is leaking you'll have to replace it anyway.

We drove ours like that for a while with no problems - we probably would have driven it longer except that we use our van to tow our camper and there's no way we could do that with a leaky ALL.
GEN1HAWAII
MPVClub Addict
GEN1 Gear Head
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: More ALL questions Reply with quote

MichaelHacker wrote:
Hey All...

This ALL system has got me completely bugged. My question related to this issue is this: Is the rear of the van with ALL system supposed to slowly lower when the engine is shut down? Is that normal?? No, You still have a leak. I think I fixed the leak, as the compressor does shut off, and only comes on every few minutes to maintain pressure, You still have a leak. but when I shut it the motor off, it slowly leaks down. You still have a leak. WHAT IS NORMAL FOR THIS SYSTEM??? Someone please help.

I am almost considering installing straight shocks, and forget about the ALL system.Excellent Idea!!! Less work than banghead over-"ALL".

Cool

Thanks in advance -MH

GEN-1-MPV~ GOTTA LOVE 'EM!!! BEYOND 60 AND COUNTING...I don't claim to be a "know-it-all". I only know what I have experienced on the MPV. I have owned a few, and have fixed a few, but everyday I learn something new.
fixtillbroke

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: More ALL questions Reply with quote

Thanks to GenIHawaii's detailed procedure for replacing the rear suspension, I have done away with the ALL system in my 98. It's like getting a new van/truck! I too suffered from a slow leak somewhere and never had the solid handling I have now. Great in the turns, tires stay on the road when giving it the giddyup, and the ride is by far better than when I bought it. I did have a problem getting the KYB shocks locally and had to call around before I found a Mazda dealer with the shocks, so he said. They weren't! He sent 2WD shocks! Be careful of the part numbers for the 4WD shocks, regardless of brand, because the 2WD shocks are too short. I got a good deal on the springs at Standard Auto Parts in Worcester MA. They pulled them for me and only charged $40, THE PAIR! Now I need to know how to get rid of the nagging level light. I pulled out the ALL relay over the driver's side strut electrical box, and the fuse from the electrical box over the passenger side strut. What's up?
edrubins
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: More ALL questions Reply with quote

According to the wiring diagram the ALL light is controlled by the ALL control module located on the right rear of the car, near the wheelwell. Look for a white and blue wire. That goes to the light on the dash. HTH.
2006 Explorer XLT
96 MPV Deerslayer. (Still for sale)
fixtillbroke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: More ALL questions Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I suppose that means behind the plastic panel that's hiding the dummy speaker grill and the rear washer bottle. (?)
edrubins
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: More ALL questions Reply with quote

It maybe underneath the car closer to the springs/shocks. I don't know
2006 Explorer XLT
96 MPV Deerslayer. (Still for sale)
inuvik

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: More ALL questions Reply with quote

I have a good ALL story to report thanks to this great site. One of the problems that my 1992 4WD MPV had was that the ALL system was totally inoperable. The light would flash on the dash but nothing would happen. So I have been considering my options on how to fix it (non-ALL springs, new pump, aftermarket airshocks). So I was searching through the forums and found a picture of the compressor and where it was located. I thought that maybe my air line was bad at the tank and I just wanted to see how difficult it was going to be if I decided to replace the compressor.

As I looked along the windshield fluid tank I noticed a big connector that was not connected to anything. From the picture of the compressor this looked like the connector for the compressor. I reached my hand down and felt underneath the ALL pump and sure enough there was the other end!!!! I thought to myself "Oh wow, there is no way it can be as simple as it just simply being unplugged!!" So I plugged the connectors together and started the MPV. Sure enough the back end came up and stayed up!!!!!

It must have a small leak because I noticed the pump would run for a few seconds every ten minutes or so but at this point I don't really care. I don't know how or why the ALL system got disconnected but the previous owner said it was like that the entire time he drove the vehicle (the last 5 years). I'm thinking some dimwitted grease monkey accidently unplugged it years and years ago and the previous owner just assumed it was not working due to mechanical reasons and passed that information on to me. You would not believe how bad the MPV rides when the ALL doesn't function. Now it rides great. So I just wanted to pass along a success story thanks to this great website.

Current MPV: 1992 ES 4WD
Previous MPV's: 1994 LX 2WD, 1998 ES 2WD

http://blip.tv/file/202061
4X4AllSport
89-98 MPV Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: More ALL questions Reply with quote

Great story, inuvik. At times, we tend to overlook the most simplest of solutions. We've all been there, haven't we? stumbled Arrow Laughing
97 Efini MPV ES 4WD All-Sport M Edition
Indigo Blue/Silent Silver,77k mi
InDash TouchScreen DVD/CD/TV,ClassIII HiddenHitch,HitchStep,JDM Spoiler,Cone Filter,PIAA Spark 4900K

01 Millenia S,58k mi
04 Lexus GX470,35k mi
93 Honda Civic DX,88k mi
Had a 90 MP 2WD,224k mi

judge Mazda's MPV is M.V.P. clever
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: More ALL questions Reply with quote

Forgive me for laughing but I was glad for you to find such an easy solution and find the value of the system esp if you are to tow or carry half a soccer team like I do - except I have to open the liftgate, plug in the cheap air compressor to Cigar lighter outlet I installed and check the pressure and level as I pump her up in say two minutes to 85psi or whatever, with heavy load.

At least yours works automatically Mr. Green super

Cheers one happy owner!! Laughing

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
maddogyp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: More ALL questions Reply with quote

where is that post on the shocks? i tore mine out a while back and put in just regular air shocks but id like to see the right way to do it
MichaelHacker
mpvallsportaddict

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: More ALL questions Reply with quote

Gosh Gen-1, I get the point Embarassed But hey, you said it best brother... guess I STILL HAVE A LEAK... Thanks man.

-MH

98 4WD All Sport ES and loving it.
hildac07
先生

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: More ALL questions Reply with quote

Adidas Outlet Store
Pandora Bracelet
Yeezys
Pandora Charms Sale
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Pandora Jewelry Canada
Red Jordan 11
Nike Outlet
Ralph Lauren
Nike Air Max
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Nike Shoes For Men
Lebron Shoes
Louboutin Shoes
Moncler Outlet
Red Bottoms
Pandora Jewelry Official Site
Nike Shoes
Nike Air Force 1
KD Shoes
Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Beluga 2.0
Pandora Sale
Pandora Charm
Adidas Sneakers
Moncler
Jordan 11
Louboutin Shoes
Puma Shoes
Longchamp
Retro Jordan 11
Air Max 90
Timberlad Boots For Men
Pandoras

Hilda Cole
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: