MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Lighter and accessory rear power has no power
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

I was on a vacation and while stuck in traffic my daughter informed me the TV went out. I moved the D/C A/C converter to the front cigar lighter and it blew my radio. The traffic started to move and I tried putting the car back in gear. The gear shifter would not move and while trying to move the shifter it broke. I repalced the fuse to the radio and was able to move the shifter into drive and resume my vaction repairing the car in another town two days later. The accessory and the cigar lighter do not work any sugestions?Huh??
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

Have you verified that the lighter and accesory outlet works with another device (not the DC-AC converter)? Check for a fuse or breaker in the converter as well.

What kind of converter is it? Sounds like it drew a bit too much for the wiring and possibly shorted it out, probably close to the plug end. If the fuses for both are good, then this is likely the scenario. You'll need to replace the wiring, at least the part that is bad. Probably not something under warranty, but not sure.

I'm also guessing that the fuse that controls the front outlet somehow controls the shift-brake interlock, hence you're troubles with the shifter.

What year and mileage MPV?

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
fly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

Brian it's a 2000 Mazda MPV LS with alittle more than 46,000 miles on it. Nothiing else works in either of the outlets. I direct connected the converter to the battery and it started smoking so I threw it away. The kids probably placed a blanket over the converter and it shorted out the the converter and then the scoket it was in and any other scoket it would go in. I couldn't belive a fuse would have any control over the shifter but it's the fuse to the bottom right of the fuse box labled cigar that has to be replaced befoe trying to shifting a 2000 MPV into gear. I initally though the car wouldn't shift because I was in park on a slight incline. What a big mistake. The part replaced was alittle supicious as the new part according to the machanic is better build and stronger than the orginal. Mazda must of found a design flaw and corrected it. I have a feeling their is probably a fusealbe link some where that needs to be changed. Do you or anyone else know if there is???
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

Not sure about the inline fuse. There's a few folks on here that have access to some of the service manuals and diagrams, they should be able to help you out with that question.

I looked in the owner manual of my '02 and it states position 26 is the 'cigar' fuse. It's a 25A fuse, and is just listed at controlling the 'lighter'. Again, we'll have to see if the diagrams have any other information on it.

Is the TV ok? The converter was toast, good call tossing it.

-Brian

fly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

Brian,

Pull the cigar fuse and start your MVP then try to put it in gear but don't force it. Then replace the cigar fuse and it should go into gear. The cigar fuse has something to do with the electronic transmission.

-Fly
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

I would if I had the van with me here at work, but it's dw's. Smile

-Brian

fly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

Just thought everyone should know on my 2000 MPV and maybe others, if you blow a fuse and your radio goes out right after pluging a A/C D/C converter or another electrical device in the front cigar lighter becuase the back accesory outlet doesn't seem to work and your vehicle won't shift out of park, don't force it. Change the fuse listed cigar and then try the shifter again.
JMTRANSAMSD455
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

Dear Fly, the fuse that controls the cigarette lighter also controls the clock, remote control mirror and CPU, and also must be connected to A/T control unit and the brake-shift interlock which explains the reason you could not shift out of park. You are DAMN lucky you didn't fry the CPU or the A/T control unit. Jack.
2003 ES Sunlight SilverMobil 1,K&N 102,800m Hers,2015 CX-5 Grand Tour AWD2.5 Meteor Grey Mica MOLY oil29,000m2016.5Mazda CX5 TouringAWD DeepChrystalBlue MazdaMOLY GF5 Oil 29,8005m,Son,2008 MAZDA 3S TOURING 2.3L HATCH Aurora BlueK&N Mobil1 78,800m,2015 MAZDA3HATCH 2.5GT Liquid Silver 9000mMOLYOil ,2016 Subaru Forester Limited2.5AWD Quartz Blue Pearl MolyGF5Oil5,115mHers,1974 Trans Am LS-2 Bucanneer Red113Km SOLDr
fly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

Jack,Do you think by pulling the power from the battery I could reset the computer and that might bring power back to the accessory socket and cigerette lighter? -Fly
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

No, that shouldn't matter. Either there is a inline fuse behind those sockets or the wiring is toast or the socket is toast.

-Brian

Cogito Ergo Zoom
A L'il Engine that could

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

When I rewired both the front and rear power outlets straight to the battery (each has a separate 20A fuse and 12AWG wire going to it now) I noticed the OEM gauge wire was fairly small; with enough juice I could see that stuff melting together. I posted a topic in the DIY Forum on doing this and after reading the above I'm glad I did so...yikes!

Morgan
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

Fly, Fox just posted this diagram somewhere else but i couldn't find doing a few quick searches but Browser History had the link...

Circuit Diagram 2000-2001 MPV

right click and save as and then print.

I had a close look through and it appears you may have taken out your ACCESSORY supply which is a link under the hood that feeds the Ignition switch. This will affect the way the car drives as well and may have the CEL (Check Engine Light) lit up as well.

More than one thing died. The rear Accessory Socket RHS 6 up from bottom, is fed via the AUX POWER fuse - No.12 = 15A. If you also plugged into the front cigar lighter and blew the CIGAR fuse No.24 at 15A as well, then that knocks out Audio - radio, Ext power mirror, Clock, cigar lighter and glove compt light.

Now if you also locked up the gear shift, to do that you may have somehow taken out IGN KEY1 Fusible link at 40Amps which feeds a whole lot of controls including engine and trans EC-AT system - it may go but in a cramped mode. The windshield wiper would be out as well.

I can't see any connection with the Accessory and the Cigar fuse and the Shift-Lock system unless it also took out the BTN 40Amp fusible link under the hood as well or perhaps as above, the IGN KEY1 link disabled the EC-AT controller? Check under the hood on the drivers side and lift the long black panel.

I am looking at a digital owners manual pdf file and am reading the locations from the diagram.

The BTN Fuse is 60Amp on the 2001 and is No.2, second from the windshield,
The IGN KEY1 fuse is No.19, third up from the bottom and at the offset or indent location and may be 60Amp as well.

This is from the Pdf file 8Q44_EA_01K_Edition3.pdf

See a part copy of the page attached below

HTH

Kiwi

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper

2001 Under Hood Fuse Layout
2001HoodFuses.gif

2001HoodFuses.gif - File downloaded or viewed 7093 time(s)

fly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

Kiwi,

Thanks for all the infomation. I checked the fuses under the hood and all look good. I'll try to do a double check this weekend to be sure. I think I might try rewireing as mentioned once, I find some time. Sorry it took me so long to reply. Thanks again, Fly
hildac07
先生

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Lighter and accessory rear power has no power Reply with quote

Pandora Charms Sale Clearance
Moncler
Longchamp Le Pliage
Air Force 1 Shoes
Pandora Bracelets
Puma Shoes For Men
Pandora
Red Bottoms Shoes
Nike Shoes For Women
Yeezys
Timberlad Boots
Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Beluga 2.0
Pandora Jewelry Official Site
Lebron Shoes
Air Max
Nike KD Shoes
Pandora Charms Sale Clearance
Jordan 11
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Adidas Sneakers
Louboutin Heels
Adidas Outlet
Moncler Outlet
Jordan Retro 11
Louboutin Shoes
Jordan 11 GYM Red
Chaussure Air Max 90
Polo Ralph Lauren
Nike Outlet
Pandora Jewelry
Nike Shoes
Pandora Sale

Hilda Cole
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: