MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

286k and what do you do????
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RakNaks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: 286k and what do you do???? Reply with quote

So my wonderful and faithful baby at 286k miles is still running strong!
What is a person to do??? You dream that a car company would keep making them right!?! The other option........wait for it...wait for it..... one day just sitting on the computer jump on the internet and find one for sale with 70k miles......WTF....yes...I found one in Florida last year! Bought it, flew down and drove her home! Still running strong! Guys I'm going to be here for years to come!!! Cool Laughing Surprised Laughing Cool
vincentkou98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: 286k and what do you do???? Reply with quote

Glad to hear!
1997 Mazda MPV 4WD 172K (Towing Package)
Black & Silver 2 Tone
1997 Mazda MPV 2WD 143K
Black & Silver 2 Tone
1996 Mazda MPV 2WD 260K (Parts Car)
White & Tan 2 Tone

costarica_gen2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 286k and what do you do???? Reply with quote

RakNaks wrote:
So my wonderful and faithful baby at 286k miles is still running strong!
What is a person to do??? You dream that a car company would keep making them right!?! The other option........wait for it...wait for it..... one day just sitting on the computer jump on the internet and find one for sale with 70k miles......WTF....yes...I found one in Florida last year! Bought it, flew down and drove her home! Still running strong! Guys I'm going to be here for years to come!!! Cool Laughing Surprised Laughing Cool

well it's a great and reliable truck, especially the 4x4 versions. But I have to say that 3+1 gear tranny is really outdated and makes the truck slow as hell. It might be still OK if you live in flat lands, but in mountainous areas it's not that much fun. Another bad point is the enormous fuel consumption. But if you live in the US with dirt cheap fuel prices it's not an issue of course.

I live in Costa Rica where prices for new and used cars are just insame. My MPV is still worth at least $5k here so I will stick with it as long as it doesn't make big problems. Looks like engine and tranny may last forever on these cars so I'll eat up the fact that she's a heavy drinker and slow as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: