MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Can't get the key out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erbrook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Can't get the key out. Reply with quote

Mazda MPV 2001 key only goes back as far as acc when I try to turn it off. When I disconnect the battery I can turn to off and get the key out. I have tried all the little fixes on line and nothing worked. I see where ne guy took it to a dealer and for $470 they fixed the shift activator switch?Huh?
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Can't get the key out. Reply with quote

so u did
column shiftier
wheel turn
clock spring?

2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
Jumbasty

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Can't get the key out. Reply with quote

I have the same problem on my 2004 MPV LX. In my case, the key comes out when the battery dies or if it is disconnected. I have been told I need to replace Automatic Transmission Column Shifter Gear Shifter Lever.
Jumbasty
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Can't get the key out. Reply with quote

On my 2001, we have a similar problem. The answer is, with the shift lever in park, to pull it toward you gently, then lift it up gently until it can't go higher, then push it back, and then pull it down. This is all done while the the lever is in the park position. You are not moving the lever very far at all. This works on our MPV.
Dan
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
Sold (scrapped) on 10/30/04 at 165,599.4 miles....1987 Honda Accord DX (165K miles)--Tan Car
Sold (scrapped) on 9/26/09 at 148406.4 miles and 24 years old....1985 Toyota Camry LE --Brown Car (Dan's former daily driver)
And more human powered bikes than I can count.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: