MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

water leak by firewall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sergiovv

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: water leak by firewall Reply with quote

hello,
my 2003 mpv its been leaking coolant,
but i am not sure form where i took a deep look and see water leaking from a pipe coming out from the firewall but not sure if its water or coolant because it leaks only when the ac its on.....i was thinking may a hose should be plugged to that pipe at least looks like a hose should be there...
any ideas.??
Confused Confused Question

Mazda MPV 2003 LX
12Ounce
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: water leak by firewall Reply with quote

I would guess what you see leaking is AC condensate. Quite normal.

Coolant leaks can be quite hard to find as some of the drips can be blown away as we drive. Keep cleaning and looking!
CrazyChicken

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: water leak by firewall Reply with quote

Coolant usually has distinctive color and unmistakable smell. Make sure your leakage does not have this signs.
2002 MPV LX ~180K
alschnertz
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: water leak by firewall Reply with quote

A photo would help.
'06 MPV-LX, '10 Mazda3;
'60 Volvo PV544, '68 122S, '70 145S, '86 745T, '95 854T, '01 S40;
'84 Prelude;
'13 Ford Focus SE.
sergiovv

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: water leak by firewall Reply with quote

thanks for the answers, sorry i did not answers quick, but fro some reason i was not receiving notifications of replies.
it looks close but its hard to get in there ...from the bottom its to high and from the top it to low.
thanks!!

i took some pictures of the pipe, i put it on a yellow circle , the leak seems to be only water and only leaks when ac is on

Mazda MPV 2003 LX
12Ounce
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: water leak by firewall Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that is the condensate drain spout that is molded in the plastic enclosure for the ac cooling coil. Keep it clear of debris, you don't want it to back-up.
sergiovv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: water leak by firewall Reply with quote

i noticed that one fan stopped working, and that caused overheat and leak water over the reservoir, so i replace the fan and the control module fan, but the fan was running continuously and after few days fan stop working, now its overheating again,...is it possible for a fan to die if it runs continuously or how could it stopped working...any ideas.?
Mazda MPV 2003 LX
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: water leak by firewall Reply with quote

did you burp the air out of the system? when you say overheat is that at a standstill or while moving?
2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
sergiovv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: water leak by firewall Reply with quote

The overheat its when its been standstill for about 10 minutes but once its moving starts to cooling down.
Mazda MPV 2003 LX
sergiovv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: water leak by firewall Reply with quote

How do you burp the air?
Mazda MPV 2003 LX
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: water leak by firewall Reply with quote

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?p=202381
2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
sergiovv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: water leak by firewall Reply with quote

cooling fan relay was replaced fans came on again...so i think that was the problem i ll see in a week or 2 if something else comes up.
Mazda MPV 2003 LX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: