MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

It's been a blast!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cybersombosis

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: It's been a blast!!! Reply with quote

Hi all. Well we've gone and purchased a 2013 Toyota Highlander V6 base that was a lease buy out from work. It was too good of a deal to pass up. I'll be passing the MPV over to my nephew and his wife and they are totally stoked about it. They currently have a compact and no kids so this will be a lot more room than they are used to. I'll peruse the forums from time to time but if you have questions feel free to PM me and I'll try and help out. See you all in Cyberspace!!!

Doug

97' MPV All Sport 4x4
Black Widow 1600 Alarm, Uhaul class 3 tow hitch, K&N air filter, Bi Xenon HID retrofit.
poptop
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: It's been a blast!!! Reply with quote

Giving away our old gal's is like sending them away to college. Don't be a stranger, the new caretakers will still need the tribal knowledge.
1990 4X4 V-6 5-speed
1991 2WD V-6
1994 2WD V-6
Scion Xb
A pile of old timing belts
idahocity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: It's been a blast!!! Reply with quote

End of an era. I'm trying to get my starter out now. Fun times
love my 1997 allsport mpv 145.xxx, 2nd owner, green
if subaru made a van for the u.s. this would be it, simple, durable, 4wd, a little underpowered and nice looking
Cybersombosis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: It's been a blast!!! Reply with quote

I just changed the starter again before I handed it over. No need to undo the drive shaft if you have a couple wobble extensions. The pisser are the bolts holding the power steering bracket on with the pump just being in the way for the lower 2 bolts. I used my trusty homemade pulley holder to pop the nut off. Big you have any specific questions, feel free to post up.

Doug

97' MPV All Sport 4x4
Black Widow 1600 Alarm, Uhaul class 3 tow hitch, K&N air filter, Bi Xenon HID retrofit.
98MPVRED

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: It's been a blast!!! Reply with quote

Cybersombosis wrote:
Hi all. Well we've gone and purchased a 2013 Toyota Highlander V6 base that was a lease buy out from work. It was too good of a deal to pass up. I'll be passing the MPV over to my nephew and his wife and they are totally stoked about it. They currently have a compact and no kids so this will be a lot more room than they are used to. I'll peruse the forums from time to time but if you have questions feel free to PM me and I'll try and help out. See you all in Cyberspace!!!

Doug

Thanks for the help on my posts over the years. We definitely still need your experience!
all the best
idahocity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: It's been a blast!!! Reply with quote

Cybersombosis wrote:
I just changed the starter again before I handed it over. No need to undo the drive shaft if you have a couple wobble extensions. The pisser are the bolts holding the power steering bracket on with the pump just being in the way for the lower 2 bolts. I used my trusty homemade pulley holder to pop the nut off. Big you have any specific questions, feel free to post up.

Doug
the power steering pump and bracket were a pain.
got it done. took me a couple days and some patience. the biggest problem other than removing everything to get to it was wedging it in place with shop towels while i hand threaded the bolts in.
i'm a couple weeks out from it and guess what just happened...i think the coolant hose ruptured. i have to get back in there and change that more than likely. i'll take a closer look at it when the dripping stops.

love my 1997 allsport mpv 145.xxx, 2nd owner, green
if subaru made a van for the u.s. this would be it, simple, durable, 4wd, a little underpowered and nice looking
Cybersombosis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: It's been a blast!!! Reply with quote

For reinstalling the starter I was able to reach in front of the it while under the van and push it towards the flywheel while using the other hand to start the bolt. Something I didn't do the first time. I was totally surprised when I could reach around and didn't need my wife's help this time around. It made it so much easier.

Doug

97' MPV All Sport 4x4
arithmetik

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: It's been a blast!!! Reply with quote

Hi, sorry I'm relatively new. Before you go, how did you achieve your ride height/stance? It sits perfectly level and at a great height. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
lzm00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: It's been a blast!!! Reply with quote

burberry book bags
ray ban australia store
Nike Air Max Lunar 90 Damen
ray ban sunglasses
Air Jordan
oakley sunglasses
ray-ban eyeglasses
Michael Kors
nike air
michael kors bags
lzm12.8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: