MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

2007 MPV Transmission Issue (?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdubss

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: 2007 MPV Transmission Issue (?) Reply with quote

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered before - I did have a poke around and didn't see anything.

I recently purchased a 2007 MPV (in New Zealand) and we have uncovered a couple of issues that we didn't notice during the test drive. There are a couple of problems with the electronic door closing system which I'm not particularly surprised by and we will go back to the dealer on them and see what we can get done.

Another issue (and it may be by design) is with the transmission. I'm not particularly savvy with automatic transmissions having favoured manual in the past, but my limited experience suggests that typically a car will 'hold' itself on a hill. For example, with the car pointed downhill if I shift into reverse and take my foot off the pedal the car will increase revs and hold itself until I use the accelerator to start reversing (and vice versa facing up a hill in drive).

In this MPV it just starts rolling forwards down the hill until you hit the gas (or facing up hill it rolls backwards in drive). Before I query the dealer on this I wondered if others could let me know from their experience if this is normal behaviour for an MPV, or is it an issue?

I know some modern cars have systems where you hit the brake hard before taking your foot off and this signals the car to hold, I've tried this and haven't had much luck. Unfortunately I currently only have the manual in Japanese so it's a bit tough to query.

Thanks!
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: 2007 MPV Transmission Issue (?) Reply with quote

these vans do not hold well mine doesn't anyway
2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: 2007 MPV Transmission Issue (?) Reply with quote

oh as for the 07

do you see
HLA in the manual anywhere
if so then:

HLA(Hill Launch Assist)

Hill Launch Assist (HLA) helps the driver take-off smoothly when stopped on a slope.

When taking off on an slope, this function helps prevent the car from rolling backwards when the driver moves his or her foot from the brake to the accelerator pedal by maintaining an automatic brake. On gentle slopes the automatic brake releases immediately when the accelerator is pressed to ensure a smooth start. On steeper slopes the brake is released after sufficient torque has been generated.

The system operates automatically when stopped on a slope so the driver can take off smoothly and safely without making any special effort.

* HLA is designed to reduce the risk of accidents by helping the driver take off smoothly when stopped on a slope. However the system has its limitations, and no safety system or combination of such systems can prevent all accidents. These systems are not a replacement for safe and attentive driving. Please drive carefully at all times and do not rely on technology to prevent an accident. Not all of these systems are available on all models or in all markets, so please contact your local Mazda dealer for details on availability. Please refer to your owners' manual for additional important system details, limitations and warnings.

Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: 2007 MPV Transmission Issue (?) Reply with quote

ヒルローンチアシスト would look like this in Japanese under safety
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 07+ MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: