MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Slider opens from inside only
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortlid1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Slider opens from inside only Reply with quote

Ok the drivers side sliding door on my 2002 MPV only opens when inside handle is pulled. Replaced outside handle, still nothing pulls smooth can see it working in one door and pulling cable? What is the fix?
We have a 2001 MPV Dx with 160k, Can you help me get it to 300k?
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Slider opens from inside only Reply with quote

cable has either come out or loose or both you need to access and check inner gear/cog combination
2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
shortlid1

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Slider opens from inside only Reply with quote

Any vedio or diagram so I know what to look for.
We have a 2001 MPV Dx with 160k, Can you help me get it to 300k?
NetWrench

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Slider opens from inside only Reply with quote

From my memory of replacing the handle, I think there is a linkage piece that you have to ensure is engaged (though maybe that's just the lock). I got pretty good at sliding those c clips off when I goofed something up. My kids are hard on handles, so I think I've done two or three.
Don't think I have any diagrams, but if I find one, will upload.
Lampster65

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Slider opens from inside only Reply with quote

You need to pull the inner panel, the tough part as another poster said, is pulling the c-clip from behind the inner door handle, then the handle pulls right off. Pop the clips around the inner panel and pull aside the clear plastic liner folding it in on itself or you'll have that black, sticky adhesive all over.
You'll see the cable system that the door handle pulls. Pull the handle a few times and its obvious how the thing works. There is a plastic clip that holds a metal rod at the end of the assembly. You can open that clip and adjust the draw distance of the handle pull. Slide it up (or down) to allow for the short pull of the outer handle to engage the release.
I say this, but I have the exact problem right now and never got it right the last time I messed with it, so good luck! Wink

2003 MPV LX (4 cyl)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: