MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Hid fog lights
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Aftermarket Parts/Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2k5es

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Hid fog lights Reply with quote

I ordered a set of cheap hid's and well their getting sent back so I ordered a pair of opt7 hid's for the fog lamps in hope to get a wider range of light. I've had hid in both of my trucks and love them, no issues with flickering and what not. Do any of you run hid or led lights in your mpv, ours is an 05 ES.
smokingtee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Hid fog lights Reply with quote

What brand did you get?
2006 MAZDA 5 Sport
brolanz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hid fog lights Reply with quote

2k5es wrote:
I ordered a set of cheap hid's and well their getting sent back so I ordered a pair of opt7 hid's for the fog lamps in hope to get a wider range of light. I've had hid in both of my trucks and love them, no issues with flickering and what not. Do any of you run hid or led lights in your mpv, ours is an 05 ES.

Interesting. Can you post some pics?I want to put HIDs on my foglights also.
SilverMPnyc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hid fog lights Reply with quote

On the same vein, I had some PIAA HID driving lights left over from my old subaru, so I installed them on the van while I was repairing a recent accident.

I already had made custom brackets to mount lights to the PS/trans cooler brackets and behind the lower grille, all I had to do wasflip the mounts and wire up the new lights. For this install, it is MUCH easier with the front bumper off; I initially did the install and aiming 5 years ago with the bumper ON ughhh.

Passenger side:

Driver's side:

On in the day time.

2005 Subaru Outbact XT 6spd.

*RIP* 2004 Silver MPV LX
*RIP* 2003 Subaru Legacy L "Special Edition" -6 Spd. & ej205 swap vf23, 1993 Ford Taurus LX
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Hid fog lights Reply with quote

what is that red looking velocityish stack on the drivers side? Very Happy
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings

novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Hid fog lights Reply with quote

horn? loud speaker?
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings

SilverMPnyc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Hid fog lights Reply with quote

Yup, it's one half of a Hella supertone kit (the high tone one) from my old Subaru. Yet another hand-me-down for the MPV.

The other horn is a superloud high tone so together the tone is extra shrill n'loud to let people know I'm coming Laughing

2005 Subaru Outbact XT 6spd.

*RIP* 2004 Silver MPV LX
*RIP* 2003 Subaru Legacy L "Special Edition" -6 Spd. & ej205 swap vf23, 1993 Ford Taurus LX
barri31

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Hid fog lights Reply with quote

I have the Hella supertone horns on another car, and they are really loud and clear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Aftermarket Parts/Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: