MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Part ID Needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
izzyinstl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Part ID Needed Reply with quote

I've been hearing a ticking noise and have traced it to this part. Anyone know part name or number? I disconnected it and it stopped. Looks like vacuum sensor from intake? Ive circled in attached photo.

Thanks in advance

IMG_20170315_053652-crop2.jpg

IMG_20170315_053652-crop2.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 86 time(s)

izzyinstl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Part ID Needed Reply with quote

ok got it figured out. Part k5t48279 Canister Purge Valve. WOW $92 from Auto Zone! Do I need it?
98allsportmpv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Part ID Needed Reply with quote

It's way cheaper at rockauto, and check amazon too.

Though I remember reading it's suppose to tick? Mine does too.
izzyinstl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Part ID Needed Reply with quote

supposed to tick? OMG lol I tightened the set screw and got it to stop ticking. It was so loud Hmmmm I better read up on this. It was very annoying.
Thanks for letting me know

Went reading and found this on a Saab forum:

"The Purge Valve is located on the passenger side strut tower. It is held on by a rubber ring that attaches to the strut brace. There are two vacuum hoses and an electrical connector attached to the Purge Valve. It is very easy to remove and clean.

I used LPS 1 (similar to WD40) and sprayed it in both of the Purge Valve hose connections. I let it sit for maybe 10 minutes, shook any remaining LPS 1 from the valve and and then repeated the procedure. After draining the Purge Valve the second time, I reinstalled the valve and have not heard the clicking sound again.

Considering a replacement Purge Valve costs $63 from eEuroparts, it is certainly worthwhile to try the cleaning method above before replacing a noisy Purge Valve."
chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
New '98 and feelin' great
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Part ID Needed Reply with quote

I believe there was a TSB on this issue and its description was somewhere in the forums. I think the majority of the mpvs all had that issue. Mine would tick intermittently when the mpv is turned on and last for about 10 seconds or so. Happens when she's warmed up.
Green Machine (Green '97 ES) - 90K!
JDM chrome power-folding side mirrors with heated mirror retrofit/JDM chrome grill/JDM rear spoiler/Android 6.2" D-Din Navi/Four 7" Farenheit monitors/heated seat kit retrofits,1st and 2nd row/Crimestopper remote start

chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Part ID Needed Reply with quote

here it is

Click Here

the tsb is saying its the mounting rubber and not the actual valve.

JDM chrome power-folding side mirrors with heated mirror retrofit/JDM chrome grill/JDM rear spoiler/Android 6.2" D-Din Navi/Four 7" Farenheit monitors/heated seat kit retrofits,1st and 2nd row/Crimestopper remote start

izzyinstl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Part ID Needed Reply with quote

very interesting! I'll have to get the new rubber mounts.

I wonder what the adjustment screw on solenoid is for then. I turned clockwise and got the noise to suppress.

Thanks for the info!
vincentkou98

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Part ID Needed Reply with quote

Weird, I've never heard this thing tick LOL
Is it loud?

1997 Mazda MPV 4WD 172K (Towing Package)
Black & Silver 2 Tone
1997 Mazda MPV 2WD 143K
Black & Silver 2 Tone
1996 Mazda MPV 2WD 260K (Parts Car)
White & Tan 2 Tone

izzyinstl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Part ID Needed Reply with quote

Loud yes! I thought it was engine until I physically touched the valve.
chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Part ID Needed Reply with quote

yea its loud, you can hear it in the cabin lol. it almost sounds like its behind the dash.

Joeinoc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Part ID Needed Reply with quote

Mine ticks when its working, its normal. If you turned the screw, you may have "screwed to pooche". Without this valve working properly, you will not pass smog, it may also throw a check engine light. It allows the engine to purge the vapor from the fuel system.
1996 MPV 2wd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: