MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Java-Clan Goes to Rushmore!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Driving Fun and Road Trips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Java-Clan Goes to Rushmore! Reply with quote

Well, an on-again/off-again trip to Rushmore is now 'on.' We're driving from Denver on Sunday and spending the week in Rapid City, SD... Mrs. Java has continuing ed classes in the mornings, so we'll be having fun in the afternoons.

SO... any pointers for cool things to do, things to see, either there or along the way? I mean, even "the World's Largest Ball of Twine," type of stuff would be fun. So, let me know what's around there in western SD if anyone knows!

I'm sure that I'll take scores of photos, and promise to post them up here. So, give me your ideas for stuff to do, folks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Java-Clan Goes to Rushmore! Reply with quote

Man, Java, it is a wonder we didn't run into you on the road. We hit the Badlands in SD, but skipped Rushmore as we had been there before.

World's largest ball of twine--we have seen the one in Cawker City, Kansas. There is another one somewhere in Minnesota, but we haven't seen that one--yet. Which one is bigger depends on how you measure.

Hope your trip was (or still is if you haven't gotten back home yet) a good one!

Dan
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
Sold (scrapped) on 10/30/04 at 165,599.4 miles....1987 Honda Accord DX (165K miles)--Tan Car
Sold (scrapped) on 9/26/09 at 148406.4 miles and 24 years old....1985 Toyota Camry LE --Brown Car (Dan's former daily driver)
And more human powered bikes than I can count.....
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Java-Clan Goes to Rushmore! Reply with quote

javadoc wrote:
I mean, even "the World's Largest Ball of Twine," type of stuff would be fun.

Not the world's largest twine ball, but still an interesting novelty

Dan
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
Sold (scrapped) on 10/30/04 at 165,599.4 miles....1987 Honda Accord DX (165K miles)--Tan Car
Sold (scrapped) on 9/26/09 at 148406.4 miles and 24 years old....1985 Toyota Camry LE --Brown Car (Dan's former daily driver)
And more human powered bikes than I can count.....

The world's largest purple spoon.
DSC01868.JPG

DSC01868.JPG - File downloaded or viewed 645 time(s)

javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Java-Clan Goes to Rushmore! Reply with quote

Now that is something to pull over for! We had a great time in SD. We went home on a more easterly route, and hit some of Nebraska. Yeahhhhh... I have to say there was nothing to see there.

It was a good trip though, and the XC90 got 25mpg (it's rated 15city/20hwy), so it didn't break the bank! I have some photos, that I'll post when I get some time....

...I've been busy tiling the bathroom in the basement. Wow, what a job. I'm just about done now though, and I'll have to post that up too. I figure I'll be done and ready for grout by the weekend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jipster
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Java-Clan Goes to Rushmore! Reply with quote

Almost 3 years and you still haven't had time to post those photos??? BOOOO! bash maniac BS nut
2004 MPV LX (Plus Pkg, Traction and Airbag Pkg, All Sport Pkg, Roof Rack, 108k miles) Cosmic Sand
1999 Buick Regal LS (Leather Pkg, auto climate control,alloys, 124,000 miles) Desert Sand
Jipster
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Java-Clan Goes to Rushmore! Reply with quote

It's been 6 years... ya get that film developed yet, Java??? Rolling Eyes
2004 MPV LX (Plus Pkg, Traction and Airbag Pkg, All Sport Pkg, Roof Rack, 108k miles) Cosmic Sand
1999 Buick Regal LS (Leather Pkg, auto climate control,alloys, 124,000 miles) Desert Sand
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Java-Clan Goes to Rushmore! Reply with quote

Is there anything else to do within the vicinity of Rushmore? We're trying to figure out a summer vacation.
Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Driving Fun and Road Trips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: