MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

GROM unit with BlueTooth?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pele

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: GROM unit with BlueTooth? Reply with quote

Who has the Grom Aux-In adapter with bluetooth?

Has anyone had issues switching back and froth between phone call audio and music? (Like receiving a phone call while listening to music, then switching back to the music after the call is done?)

Also, has anyone had issues switching between the in-dash CD player and the Grom unit? (I have the in-dash 6 disk changer.)

2003 ES - Coastal Blue Metallic - Side Airbags - Power Sliding Doors - Leather - Rear A/C (Original Options)

Self installed rear heat; heated mirrors, fog lights, large wiper bottle, Heavy duty wiper motor. Working on the whole 4-Seasons Package; Just need a transmission cooler.
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: GROM unit with BlueTooth? Reply with quote

if you using 1 device it shouldn't be a problem

(of course i am only speculating)

2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
ebwolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: GROM unit with BlueTooth? Reply with quote

Sorry for the delayed reply... This is a slow forum...

I used to have the GROM with blue tooth on my 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata. It was $180+ and was a pain to pair my phone with. It was even worse when other people tried to use the car. And there's no way to really get "hands free calling" in a Miata.

I finally gave up and replaced the entire head unit with a $70 Sony "Media Player" that had no CD, just radio, USB and AUX-in. I ordered it from Crutchfield and got the special adapter to use the Bose amplifier. It worked great!

When I sold that car and bought 95 Miata, I put the same head unit in that. There's no storage room for CDs in a Miata. All I really wanted was USB and AUX.

In my new-to-me 1991 MPV, I have an older Sony head unit that I plan to install to replace the cassette deck. It's actually very similar to the "media player" but adds a CD player (with MP3 capability) and a remote control.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: