MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

It's all about the Mazda.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalfab
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: It's all about the Mazda. Reply with quote

Hey all, it's been a pretty long time, again.

Most of you know the issues I was having just over a year ago now. No point dwelling on it though. However, the saga continues for me in my vehicle life.

Early last year I went with a 2014.5 Mazda CX-5 GT in the hopes it would solve our needs. It's a great vehicle however we experienced some issues with space, options and even performance. I had a 2012 Mazda 5 a year previous to the CX-5 so this is based off that.

In terms of space, the Mazda 5 wins. It has a better interior layout and makes for better use of room. An example from last year would be a week long camping trip. We were packed to the hilt and left no room for a BBQ. Luckily we were meeting another family who shared theirs for the duration. I dislike roof racks and exterior enclosures and the few times of the year we'd actually use one, not really worth the cost. I prefer everything in the car.

Some of the options in the CX-5 GT were there and not really needed, they just came with the model. Things like leather seats, dual climate control, assisted breaking (SBS), 19" rims (harsh ride imho). The bluetooth was forgetting my Nexus 4 phone every 3-5 start-ups so I’d have to delete and re-pair. This changed when I got my LG G3, no issues until Lolipop but that’s a Google problem.

Now we have performance. They both have a 2.5L engine. 185HP / 184 torque for the CX-5 and 157HP / 160 torque for the 5. 1629KG for the CX-5 (AWD) and 1569KG for the 5. The 5 feels more alive in the corners and acceleration. The CX-5 has a drone sound, somewhat laggy feel to it unless you control the shifting.

So today, the CX-5 is being traded back for the 5, a GS model with the convenience package in Aluminium Mica. Cool Pictures will following in a few hours, weather permitting... Wink

2015 Mazda 5 GS w/CP
Mazda OEM rack w/Thule Atlantis 1600
Mazda 1.25" Hitch w/ Thule Helium Aero

Past: 2014.5 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2012 Mazda 5 GS, 2003 Mazda MPV DX
Manitoba MPV
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: It's all about the Mazda. Reply with quote

Hey, congratulations on returning to the 5 fold. I appreciate your comments about the CX5 - have been considering one sometime in the future when (if) the ancient MPV dies.
Manitoba MPV

'82 GLC 1.5 5-speed ('82 - '95); '79 GLC Sport 1.4 5-speed ('87 - '89); '85 626 2.0 5-speed ('97 - '05); '90 MPV 2WD 2.6 5-speed ('96 - '01); '95 Bawngo GL Super 9 pass 2.0 5-speed ('03 - '04); '97 AllSport 2WD 3.0 auto ('01 - ?); '01 Protege 1.6 5-speed ('05 - '13); '09 Mazda 5 GT 5-speed ('13 - ?)
metalfab
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: It's all about the Mazda. Reply with quote

I'm not there yet. Seems as there is a slight delay getting the 5 as the bank has red tape I have to go through. The dealership is working on it for me, I hope to know by this Wednesday.

Too add, the NB1 infotainment system in the CX-5 is not all that great and TomTom GPS is not as accurate as Google Maps. I actually use Nokia's Here maps on my phone. You can download entire maps if you want then no data is used. The USB does not remember the last track if you shut off the car and Random play is not random at all. It will play the same sequence every time (eg, track 15, 76, 2, 23, each time you start the car). Maybe improved in the CX-5 2016 model but I'm not sure.

2015 Mazda 5 GS w/CP
Mazda OEM rack w/Thule Atlantis 1600
Mazda 1.25" Hitch w/ Thule Helium Aero

Past: 2014.5 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2012 Mazda 5 GS, 2003 Mazda MPV DX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: