MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

2012 Kia Sedona impressions
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Kia Sedona impressions Reply with quote

PS - an unexpected surprise - the Durham Bulls (triple-A baseball affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays) ballpark is around the corner from a local Kia dealership (not where I bought the van) and they had a promotion this season for free Kia parking right outside the stadium! Cool Cool Cool
Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo!
ctom3
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Kia Sedona impressions Reply with quote

Dave, thanks for the update. I was thinking about replacing my Mazda 6 with a Sedona. I just cannot get minivans out of my blood. However, practicality took over. After looking down the road, it does not make sense to make a change right now. I currently have 51k on the Mazda and I put about 33k miles per year on it because of my job. I will be retiring in about 2-1/2 years, when I hope that my miles drop below 10k. It only makes sense to load the miles on the Mazda until just before retirement, then get a low mileage van that will last me many years. I'll not only get more value out of the Mazda, but stretch a lot more life out of the van after I go on a fixed income.
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Kia Sedona impressions Reply with quote

btw, all the reviews seem to be raving about the new Sedona's 2nd row seats.
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW)
Now: '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Kia Sedona impressions Reply with quote

Another update (stumbled back into the MPVClub).

The Kia continues to serve us very well. About 35k miles on the odometer now. No real complaints. Have had no issues other than routine maintenance and the wife scraped the front fender backing out of the garage. I've rented the newest Sedona a couple of times this spring on work trips - it's become a very nice van. I do still miss the MPV at times, and I see fewer and fewer on the road.

I have also replaced by CX-7 with a BMW 328i that has been a lot of fun. I bought a gently used 2013 in April. Peppy, quick, and better gas mileage. Very Happy

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
Hangman
MPVClub Addict
The man without a plan!!!
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Kia Sedona impressions Reply with quote

Wow, that is some low miles on the Sedona. You must not have a very long commute.
If you see spelling mistakes in my posts, its because Engrish is not my native language...

Hangman,

2015 Toyota Sienna L - His
2011 Toyota Sienna XLE - Her's
2007 Crossfire Limited Roadster 6spd - His
2005 Ody EX Sage Brush Pearl - The Grandparent's

2010 AMG S63 - Gone
2002 Mazda MPV - Gone
2002 Acura TL-S Gone
2001 Mazda Miata LS - Gone
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Kia Sedona impressions Reply with quote

Hangman wrote:
Wow, that is some low miles on the Sedona. You must not have a very long commute.

Wife's commute is 4 miles. The rest come from driving the kids to sports, band, etc and the occasional drive to the beach.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
Hangman
MPVClub Addict
The man without a plan!!!
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: 2012 Kia Sedona impressions Reply with quote

Very nice. I also have tested the new Sedona, and it is a very nice van. The Koreans have come a long way in their cars.
If you see spelling mistakes in my posts, its because Engrish is not my native language...

Hangman,

2015 Toyota Sienna L - His
2011 Toyota Sienna XLE - Her's
2007 Crossfire Limited Roadster 6spd - His
2005 Ody EX Sage Brush Pearl - The Grandparent's

2010 AMG S63 - Gone
2002 Mazda MPV - Gone
2002 Acura TL-S Gone
2001 Mazda Miata LS - Gone
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Kia Sedona impressions Reply with quote

Just saw a ranking on CNN Money (cnnfn.com) where the Sedona was ranked best minivan beating the Oddy and Sienna. It didn't cite the source nor criteria but this is pretty impressive.

**Update** Its a JD Power survey of "Best Loved" vehicles.

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/autos/2016/07/27/cars-jd-power-best-loved/25.html

Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW)
Now: '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Kia Sedona impressions Reply with quote

The new Sedonas are very nice (I have rented them a couple of times). We still like ours very much. When my daughter gets her license it will likely become her swagger wagon and the wife will get something more fun. At least that's the plan at the moment.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
webbrowan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012 Kia Sedona impressions Reply with quote

I have always had it in me to focus more on comfort and performance. The exterior outlook is just a bonus that we might or might not get during every purchase. However, not everyone is as smart as your wife and it could get really frustrating to go car shopping with that species. Anyhow, looks like you have gotten yourself a bad boy that is worth every penny!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Off-topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: