MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Dealer horror story
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpzjack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Dealer horror story Reply with quote

Take our car to the dealer for front sway bushings again!!! Hour later they call my wife and tell her:

Rear control arm bent.. car not safe to drive

All rims are bent. New needed

New tires needed..

Sway bar bushings are fine.

Pulled the car and took it to my mechanic.

4 new tires and alignment.

no bent control arm, no bent rims, did need tires but was obvious.

Sway bar bushings were split in two and crumbling.

Unbelievable !!!

We are looking for a new car soon. Think its time to buy another subaru.

07 Subaru Legcay
06 MAZDA5 TOURING CARBON GRAY
96 DAKOTA SPORT
78 FIREBIRD
03 KAWASAKI CONCOURS
( www.shadesandmore.net )
Madbrad
MPVClub Fixture
B Y O plastic cutlery
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Dealer horror story Reply with quote

Sadly this is standard behaviour for Mazda dealers.

MPV gone Sad
current: 07 Impala SS, 08 Grand Caravan SXT
MPVUE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Dealer horror story Reply with quote

I wonder if they had ever really replaced the sway bar bushings before, if they were crumbling now.
my Mazda dealer, North Penn Imports, is great. I drive an hr to them, passing 2 other Mazda dealers but its worth it.

'09 Mazda5 sport manual red mica
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Dealer horror story Reply with quote

I was discussing auto repair places with a relative, and I commented that the good places realize that they are selling their honesty and integrity even more so than they are selling repair and maintenance services.

If you can find an auto service business that understands that, you won't need to shop for another.

[b:a970de293f]Dan[/b:a970de293f]
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Dealer horror story Reply with quote

Madbrad wrote:

So true!

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo! - SOLD 04/2016
'13 BMW 328i
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Dealer horror story Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
I was discussing auto repair places with a relative, and I commented that the good places realize that they are selling their honesty and integrity even more so than they are selling repair and maintenance services.

If you can find an auto service business that understands that, you won't need to shop for another.

Also so true!

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo! - SOLD 04/2016
'13 BMW 328i
Madbrad
MPVClub Fixture
B Y O plastic cutlery
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Dealer horror story Reply with quote

MPVUE wrote:
I wonder if they had ever really replaced the sway bar bushings before, if they were crumbling now.
my Mazda dealer, North Penn Imports, is great. I drive an hr to them, passing 2 other Mazda dealers but its worth it.

I don't know but cheap sway bar LINKS wear out fast. A pair I put on developed notable play in the sockets in about 20,000 km. The key is to look for big name, quality links, with metal sockets, not plastic cast in place sockets.

MPV gone Sad
current: 07 Impala SS, 08 Grand Caravan SXT
gpzjack

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Dealer horror story Reply with quote

As far as i can tell , the only ones available currently are from mazda...is seems that the 3 uses a smaller bar so the aftermarket ones for it won't fit ?
07 Subaru Legcay
06 MAZDA5 TOURING CARBON GRAY
96 DAKOTA SPORT
78 FIREBIRD
03 KAWASAKI CONCOURS
( www.shadesandmore.net )
Skoorbmax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Dealer horror story Reply with quote

Madbrad wrote:
Do you really think so? The one close to me I have to say is fairly useless. I've gone four times for work in the past 4-5 years:

1) bad sound by suspension. They diagnosed as sway bar link, replaced for $100 or $150, problem fixed. WIN
2) Went for oil leak. they said it's not covered under warranty (literally said an engine seal is not part of power train warranty) and wanted $270. I had to appeal to corporate and have them point out it was obviously, unequivocally under warranty. FAIL
3) Went for a problem with rear brakes. They said for $350 I needed hand brake cable replaced. I didn't agree. Spent another hour on it myself and fixed the problem. FAIL
4) Went for engine hesitation. They said it's probably transmission and to replace tranny fluid. I thought that sounds silly but I did it anyway. Didn't fix it. I then changed coils myself and that fixed it. FAIL

Also had either the mechanic or service manager (can't remember which) tell me they prefer not to do warranty work because the compensation is lower.

2004 MPV LX , sold May, 2011
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Dealer horror story Reply with quote

Bad apples .... the local Mazda dealer who was unable to properly rotate unidirectional tires (and subsequently unwilling to correct the problem) on dw's MPV is now out of business after being on the same corner for 35 years. Seems like when the service area goes, there goes the dealership aswell.

There are good apples out there - just have to find them.

Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW); '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW)
Now: '18 Hyundai Tucson - Silver (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
aha
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Dealer horror story Reply with quote

my mazda dealer (putnam mazda) is actually good - sales and service are very satisfactory. that's the reason we bought another mazda vehicle Laughing
* 2016 Kia Soul EV
* 2012 Toyota Sienna LE
* 2012 Mazda 5 Touring with S&S - clear water blue mica
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: