MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

How many children in your family?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many children are in your family (or on the way)?
zero
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
38%
 38%  [ 24 ]
30%
 30%  [ 19 ]
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
6+
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Kids are grown and have left home!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 63

papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

Actually just want to find out how long it takes from initial consult to final snipping. I want to be able to do the deed while I'm on paternal leave and free from work. Gives me three months and counting...
Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

Pot calling the kettle black, but that's procrastination. Like I can talk (I was supposed to... a year ago). I need to stop putting it off too. I hear you can go in on a Friday afternoon and be back at work Monday... but need to take it easy. I have a friend who roofed his house 3days later... but he's a big Scotish fellow who could probably shotput a VW.

I edited my previous post. Hope they help you out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jdp72

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Group Buy Anyone??? Reply with quote

I was supposed to go in for consultation last year to go "decaff", right when we found out we were finally having a girl.

Do you suppose if we got enough of us together and found the right doctor we could get a group buy going???

DW's ride:
Loaded '04 Tsunami-Blue ES
All the options except moonroof and kitchen sink

My rides:
'98 Pearl Blue FLSTC & '00 Black FXSTB Harley's
'07 Charcoal Beige Mercury Mariner Hybrid
All the options including moon roof
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

Group Buy, lol! Laughing

I went for the initial consultation something like a month prior to the event. IIRC, I could schedule anything from the next week to several weeks out. The weekend I picked was a holiday weekend (Easter), so I got Friday as a holiday instead of a vacation day (why take a vacation day for something not really a 'vacation'?). I was back at work on Monday too, though at my desk job. Was a bit challenging to find a comfortable sitting position the first few days, but I managed.

snug tighty-whiteys = more comfort for a week or so after the job. and ice packs are soothing.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

That beaver cleaver site was great. I read the canadian site before. I have yet to get a referral from my family doc but should be scheduling it soon.

Maybe I'll see if I can have it done by the same doc in LA during a visit to the in-laws...

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
VanToGo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

Ouch ! You guys are killing me and causing my buddy to stess out and hide like a turtle head. nervous I knew two guys that had to have it done again because it didn't take...

I had this scope thing done several years ago in the doctor's office and if I could only have reached him when he did it, he would have needed to see a doctor. So after that exprience, I don't think decaf is in the cards anytime soon.

'00 'Highlight Silver' MPV ES Moonroof, Fog lights, 10" TV/DVD (really da-wife's)
'94 Thunderbird. 4.6 OHC still gives them a run for their money!
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

I beleive that the male editors or the textbook Contraceptive Technology are snipped! maniac

We've done several studies on vasectomy, though all in developing country context - a highly effective method. (In Nepal you can (or could) have it done in a mobile blood-mobile type van!)

Dave

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo!
TeamEskimo
MPVClub Preacher
Yer walkin' the plank!
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

Thanks for the links, there JD - Not something I should have looked at while having breakfast. puke I'm not normally squeamish, but that one site left me feeling rather ill. Must be something "to close to home" for me... Wink

If I ever do have that procedure done, it's DEFINITELY not something I want to observe!

In the meantime, I'll stick to caffeinated, thankyouverymuch!

Brent

2002 Sunlight Silver LX - 63,000 miles - 4 Seasons, Luxury, Security Packages, Rear Air, Cassette, Roof Rack, Step Plate and Cargo Net
'03 Dodge Neon SXT - 84,000 miles
'98 Chevy Suburban Diesel 4x4 - 158,000 miles, 6300 lbs, 23 mpg - Big rig!
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

I layed off the icing the second day. I was feeling wery good the first week, the second and third was a bit weird, but that's because I was back in "baby sitting business" hauling mine and neighbors kids to preschool and back, carrying two 2 yr olds ocassionaly. Now almost 2 months after I do not even know any modifications were going on down there. Wink BTW, the doc told me to take a look after the procedure, to see how small and tiny those vounds are, but I said to him I better not as I wimped out a bit in my older age.

If you are about to get more info now and JD started to post links, here is one good site, pretty funny as well. http://www.my-vasectomy.com/

Also for the no scalpel method, here is nice drawing step by step diagram . That is how I had it done, except that my doc on top of it does open ended aproach, so he does not closes the upstream ones. He says it is less painful that way and better recovery, have to give him that.

2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TeamEskimo
MPVClub Preacher
Yer walkin' the plank!
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

LazyFox wrote:

If you are about to get more info now and JD started to post links, here is one good site, pretty funny as well. http://www.my-vasectomy.com/

Also for the no scalpel method, here is nice drawing step by step diagram . That is how I had it done, except that my doc on top of it does open ended aproach, so he does not closes the upstream ones. He says it is less painful that way and better recovery, have to give him that.

<fingers in ears> LA LA LA! I'm not listening anymore! Confused Rolling Eyes Shocked

Brent

2002 Sunlight Silver LX - 63,000 miles - 4 Seasons, Luxury, Security Packages, Rear Air, Cassette, Roof Rack, Step Plate and Cargo Net
'03 Dodge Neon SXT - 84,000 miles
'98 Chevy Suburban Diesel 4x4 - 158,000 miles, 6300 lbs, 23 mpg - Big rig!
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

Brent, I warned you about that one link, didn't I? But, you didn't listen. Tsk, tsk! Wink

Hey, I know that Gorde!!!!!! thumbsup

Would this be how the group buy goes? maniac
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jdp72

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

jdp72 wrote:
I'm currently at 3... 2 boys and then the girl...All under 5.

**Update...4 kids. 3 boys and 1 girl. All under the age of 10.

Opted for 1 more, and now the "procedure" has officially taken us out of the baby making business...lol!

DW's ride:
Loaded '04 Tsunami-Blue ES
All the options except moonroof and kitchen sink

My rides:
'98 Pearl Blue FLSTC & '00 Black FXSTB Harley's
'07 Charcoal Beige Mercury Mariner Hybrid
All the options including moon roof
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

Speaking of "the procedure", there is a medical office around here advertising for March Madness specials. You get "snipped" before the tournament starts, so that you have a medical excuse to be home recuperating on Thursday and Friday during the first round action. I am guessing that their time slots will fill up fast!
Dan
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
Sold (scrapped) on 10/30/04 at 165,599.4 miles....1987 Honda Accord DX (165K miles)--Tan Car
Sold (scrapped) on 9/26/09 at 148406.4 miles and 24 years old....1985 Toyota Camry LE --Brown Car (Dan's former daily driver)
And more human powered bikes than I can count.....
MPV-Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

One and I still don't want anything smaller than a mini-van.
2006 Mazda MPV - 100,000+ miles and still strong
2000 Mazda MPV - totaled by the maid at 250,000 miles
1995 Mazda Protege - SOLD when too preggers to roll out of it with any dignity left.
1991 Isuzu Stylus - SOLD
1985 Honda Accord - SOLD
1982 Honda Accord - SOLD
Dad of 8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: How many children in your family? Reply with quote

8 kids range from 21 years to 3 years old. (9 yr gap on last 2) Yes we will prove out all those suspension and transmission issues! Thanks for all the help. Very Happy
Trying to be a DIY kinda guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: