MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

If you encounter an 'Error in posting' when you reply to a post, try keeping the Subject line of the reply under 35 characters or so.

odd sound from intake area
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burleymike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: odd sound from intake area Reply with quote

When the weather is warm (50+) I hear a sound sort of like somebody blowing their nose really loud and it vibrates, from the intake area. I only hear this sound about 2 seconds after shutting off the engine. When it is cold out the sound is almost gone except for a sucking sound that is barely noticeable.

I have heard when the IAC goes bad it makes a fog horn sound. I understand that to be while the engine is running.
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: odd sound from intake area Reply with quote

Should be the IAC here as well, it can be typically heard as a fog horn or moaning sound when it begins to act up or fail, but can also vary in the type of sound it emits. Sometimes cleaning it can help, but it's a fairly inexpensive part and an easy one to DIY replace.

-Brian

Mazda MPV---MPVClub.com

2011 Ford Explorer XLT, Tuxedo Black Metallic - the "Beast"
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Sterling Grey Metallic - the "Hyper"

2002 Mazda MPV ES - retired
mgw_300e
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: odd sound from intake area Reply with quote

My vote's on the IAC also. Mine was making a weird noise too (search "doot" in these forums) and replacing the IAC finally did the trick.
2001 VW Jetta GLS
2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4x4 (Sold)
1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee (Killed in Action)
2001 Mazda MPV
1993 Mercedes W124 E Class (Sold Sad )
Timm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: odd sound from intake area Reply with quote

This is very similar to what mine is doing. i can't find the DIY to replace it. Very frustrated.
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: odd sound from intake area Reply with quote

Searched for "fog horn" and found this thread: http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?p=50158#50158

-Brian

Mazda MPV---MPVClub.com

2011 Ford Explorer XLT, Tuxedo Black Metallic - the "Beast"
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Sterling Grey Metallic - the "Hyper"

2002 Mazda MPV ES - retired
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: