MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Road Side Clubs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Road Side Clubs Reply with quote

OK what do you have for roadside assistance?

AAA? allstate? geico?

I locked myself out of my mpv, with the engine running windows up but was lucky i could open it with a hanger in 5 mins.

but next time i don't have a hanger or need other services who do you recommend

2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Road Side Clubs Reply with quote

Geico as it's cheaper and they tow longer distance than AAA for free. No like AAA discounts, but we never really used them.
2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Road Side Clubs Reply with quote

I don't use a roadside club. The times I have needed assistance have been so few and infrequent that it is just cheaper to pay out of pocket if/when I do need assistance.

Most states have a highway emergency number that you can call. If you have that, then you have a way of getting help.

My mom was on a weekend driving trip, and my sister got her AAA after the trip was over. According to my sister, if my mom had trouble during her trip she could have called AAA (she had the number with her) and they would have let her join on the spot and then helped her out. If that is truly the case, my thought would be to keep the number handy, and only join when you have a problem and need help. You could save years and years of membership dues with that approach.

Here is a review by Edmunds regarding various plans. There are other ratings and reviews as well.

Dan
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
Sold (scrapped) on 10/30/04 at 165,599.4 miles....1987 Honda Accord DX (165K miles)--Tan Car
Sold (scrapped) on 9/26/09 at 148406.4 miles and 24 years old....1985 Toyota Camry LE --Brown Car (Dan's former daily driver)
And more human powered bikes than I can count.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Warranties All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: