MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Beware of Redlands Mazda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Pricing and Dealers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HotRodSaint

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Beware of Redlands Mazda Reply with quote

While I was shopping for my new Mazda5 last month, I found a listing on autotrader for a brand new 2006 at a substantial discount.

I called Redlands Mazda and asked them if it was a 5speed manual. They assured me that it was.

Before I made the 1 hour drive, I called them again to confirm that it was a manual and that it was still in stock. She once again assured me that it was a manual and that it was still there.

Upon arrival I was shown a automatic. When I got pissed and told the guy I wanted a manual and I was told they had it, his response was to walk me around the lot and see if I'd be interested in something else.

I called Brownings Mazda in Cerritos from there and told them I was coming to buy the car I test drove earlier that week. They were great to deal with.

Puente Hills Mazda and Huntington Beach Mazda also treated me good during the test drive phase, but they didn't have the car I wanted.

In fact, there were only 2 manual transmission Tourings in all of SoCal. The other was in San Diego.
07MZ5SA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Beware of Redlands Mazda Reply with quote

Was it listed on MazdaUSA.com website?
2007 5 Sport AT Whitewater Pearl Mica, Rear Bumper Guard, Wheel Locks
Cargo Liner, Cargo Net, Mud Flaps, Seat Covers, Fog Lamps, Door Edge Guards
MZ3 16X6.5, Spot Mirrors, Tint, Scotchgard, Exactmats, Grill Mesh, Air Horns, SS Brake Lines
Mod: A/C Lines, Headrests, AirLift (r), HVAC, Rear Mud Flaps, 2nd Row Fans, Sony 6X8
Maintenance: Mobil-1 0W-30, Mobil-1 M-V
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Beware of Redlands Mazda Reply with quote

The magic of being in a dealership. If you haven't signed anything, you can leave (make sure they don't have your phone number, tho).
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW); '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW)
Now: '18 Hyundai Tucson - Silver (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
HotRodSaint

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Beware of Redlands Mazda Reply with quote

07MZ5SA wrote:
Was it listed on MazdaUSA.com website?

No, that's why I asked her 3 times before driving out there.
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Beware of Redlands Mazda Reply with quote

The inventory shown from a dealers MazdaUSA site is not always up to date. Sometimes the dealers own website may be more accurate.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
frozenmba

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Beware of Redlands Mazda Reply with quote

I bought mine from Cerritos also, they had the best deal and they are great to deal with.

I searched in the Mazda website and found the vehicle with the color and options I wanted. When I went to the dealer to see it, it wasn't there. It turns out that the Mazda website shows vehicles that are assigned to the dealer, even though they are not yet physically at the dealer. My vehicle was still in the port, even Cerritos Mazda didn't know they had that vehicle. I bought it without seeing the vehicle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Pricing and Dealers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: