MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

M.A.P. Extended Warranty Coming to an End
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cobberdogger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: M.A.P. Extended Warranty Coming to an End Reply with quote

Hello MPV Experts:

The Mazda Added Protection warranty on my 03 MPV ES comes to an end in five months (December). Would you recommend taking it into a dealership for a "check-up" in the next few months to see if any major warranty-covered items need fixing/replacing? My concern with doing this is they will find a bunch of "problems" NOT covered by M.A.P. -- we're at 115,000 km and having no major problems with the vehicle and have maintained it well. Work done to date includes:

- all recall items
- passenger window actuator (still runs slow)
- faulty passenger door lock
- #4 & #5 ignition coils
- brake pads and rotors (at 76,500 km)

Any advice welcome and appreciated.
Rocket

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: M.A.P. Extended Warranty Coming to an End Reply with quote

Absolutely...take it in, you may have a problem covered by warranty. Don't worry about any other "problems" they find...most are only recommendations where they're trying to make a few extra bucks. I'm finding these dealers are quite desperate these days in making sure that each and every problem takes at least an hour to correct even if it is only a ten minute job. Ask lots of questions!
cobberdogger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: M.A.P. Extended Warranty Coming to an End Reply with quote

Thanks Rocket. I'll put on my armour and take it in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Warranties All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: