MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Base Warranty
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
compac
the Blue Ridge Mnts. Va

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

Hey,

I just picked up our 03 MPV lx, in Va
No mention about 48 months just the warranty.
What gives? Angry
Let alone free oil changes Huh?
Seemed more intersted in the old under coating, teflon spray, exteded warrant @ $3000 game

Toyota Sienna xle '08 17" alloy wheels, fog lamps, & tow prep, 2" class 3 hitch, 6 cd changer w/ AUX input, roof rack, power doors & tail gate, split rear seats... but no ZoomZoom see ya on http://siennachat.com

x-owner, '03 MPV LX, All seasons, power doors, side airbags, rear air, 6disk cd, roof rack, Coastal Blue, mud flaps Exclamation
Lazyfox
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

If it's a 2003, you will have a Mazda factory warranty for 48 months. Seems like some dealers haven't gotten the memo yet.

Free oil changes are something that individual dealers will do, it's not a Mazda thing.

And some dealers still seem bent on selling pin stripes, decal packages, and undercoating. Rolling Eyes

-Dean

'00 MPV LX, Touring/4 Seasons/6CD, Emerald Green/Tan
'06 Ford Freestyle FWD Limited Merlot/Charcoal
Mobil1Pennzoil, Meguiars wax Klasse AIO Meguiars NXT Back to AIO.
YMMV.
Looking for a classic Corvette?
Corvette News
SilverMachZTS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

Also, window etching, scotch guard, and paint sealant. The van we looked at last weekend had all these things and the dealer wanted an extra $998 retail! Dealer cost was $670. And you can't do a thing about it once it's on the vehicle.
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

Actually, you can demand a vehicle w/o these add-ons. Dealers cannot force you to buy the dealer added options such as pinstriping, engine block heaters, rustproofing, paint protectant, etc., but the downside is that you may have to wait for another vehicle to arrive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

I agree with Java. You can always walk away from the vehicle that has goodies you don't care to own.
Dan
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
Sold (scrapped) on 10/30/04 at 165,599.4 miles....1987 Honda Accord DX (165K miles)--Tan Car
Sold (scrapped) on 9/26/09 at 148406.4 miles and 24 years old....1985 Toyota Camry LE --Brown Car (Dan's former daily driver)
And more human powered bikes than I can count.....
Lazyfox
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

Finally, an official press release.

According to the article, the new warranty is 48 months/60,000 miles, with roadside assistance and loaner vehicle for the duration.

http://www.edmunds.com/news/regularnews/articles/79137/article.html

-Dean

'00 MPV LX, Touring/4 Seasons/6CD, Emerald Green/Tan
'06 Ford Freestyle FWD Limited Merlot/Charcoal
Mobil1Pennzoil, Meguiars wax Klasse AIO Meguiars NXT Back to AIO.
YMMV.
Looking for a classic Corvette?
Corvette News
ponderosa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: 2003 Base Warranty is 50K not 60K Reply with quote

According to Mazda's offficial website, the warranty
period on 2003 models is 48 months/50.000 miles:

http://www.mazdausa.com/mdap/default.asp#1

I wish the figure was 60,000 miles but 50,000 miles is
consistent with what the dealer told me today when I took
delivery on an '03 MPV ES.

'03 Mazda MPV ES (Sage Green)
'98 Honda Accord EX
WOODCHUCK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Base Warranty Reply with quote

The warranty coverage is the problem. I am just over 50K, less than three years, and the transmission has blown. There should not have been any question, but Mazda does not want to cover the repair, AND the vehicle was just brought in for a couple of recalls, under the warranty mileage, but Mazda says the check engine light and the transmission problem are unrelated. I say they are related and Mazda should have noticed in December which would have prevented the January transmission failure.
Stacey Gomes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Base Warranty Reply with quote

I have a 2006 mpv with a 4yr 50,000 mile warrinty. I have 22,209 miles on my van and the engien took a poop. They dont want to fix it because I had all my oil changes done else where and they said they wont take two of my invoices because they are hand written from LUBE IT USA. Just a friendly opion KEEP ALL INVOICES ON YOUR CARS AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A WARRINTY. I wont ever believe another thing MAZDA tells me again. Hope all of you have better luck then I have
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Base Warranty Reply with quote

That's a shame - and should be easily refuted as long as someone from Lube It USA is willing to verify that they are valid invoices. There is no requirement that one go to Mazda for oil changes. If you were changing the oil within the mileage parameters in the owner's manula, Mazda should have to repair.

I'd politlely ask to speak with the general manager of the dealership. Take good notes about everything she or he says (and document previous conversations) and if no luck call Mazda USA. If that fails find a good lawyer and try again. It's inexcusable.

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo!
Stacey Gomes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Base Warranty Reply with quote

I did do all of that and they still wont fix it. Im going to see a laywer this week.
S05LX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Base Warranty Reply with quote

What is the warranty on 05 models?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Warranties All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: