MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Who makes Mazda DVD player?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MazdaNut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Who makes Mazda DVD player? Reply with quote

We have the factory installed DVD player and love it. I just discovered last night that it will play movies copied (oops, I mean backed-up) onto DVD+R recordable discs Razz

I'd like to learn more about the DVD unit. Does anyone know who the manufacturer of if this unit is?

Thanks,
Tim

Stop Drinking the GOP Cool-Aid. Accept only Truth:

http://www.bushlies.net
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Who makes Mazda DVD player? Reply with quote

I think someone mentioned it is an Audiovox unit. Don't think we ever got the exact model down.
Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Who makes Mazda DVD player? Reply with quote

I believe it's Audiovox, yes, on the 2003s. Lucky guy!

I wonder if it's a region free player! Do you have any 'other-region' DVDs?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MazdaNut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Who makes Mazda DVD player? Reply with quote

OK the MPV DVD is an (drum roll please ....) Audiovox VOD705DL. The link below will give you access to both the installation manual and the owners manual in PDF format:

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=1238086&langId=-1

Page 10 of the DVD owners manual states:

Both the DVD player and disc are coded by region.
These regional codes must match in order for the disc to play. If the codes don’t match, the disc won’t play. This unit’s code is region 1. Other regional codes cannot be played in this unit. The unit will display “REGION CODE VIOLATION.”

NOTE: that the following Discs CANNOT be used with this player: MiniDisc, Laserdisc, CD-I, CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM

I've got my answers. Thanks everyone Very Happy

Stop Drinking the GOP Cool-Aid. Accept only Truth:

http://www.bushlies.net
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Who makes Mazda DVD player? Reply with quote

MazdaNut, can you try this?

http://www.regionfreedvd.net/player/audiovox.html

2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Who makes Mazda DVD player? Reply with quote

FOX = h4X0R ... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
grampi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Who makes Mazda DVD player? Reply with quote

What radio freq do you tune the radio to to get the DVD system to play through the van's speakers?
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Who makes Mazda DVD player? Reply with quote

It's usually at the top or bottom of the dial don't know the exact freq for the dvd system, but I suspect it's in the 80 something frequency.
Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
swiftturtle
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Who makes Mazda DVD player? Reply with quote

Yeah the DVD player will play just about anything including VCDs.

Granpi

I don't remember what the radio has to be tuned into but I think it was 88.xx. I would just turn on the dvd player and scan for the correct channel. If you really need it I can go check my presets. Just remember to turn on the transmitter before you do that. Mine came with the transmitter off.
salter00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Who makes Mazda DVD player? Reply with quote

[quote="MazdaNut"]We have the factory installed DVD player and love it. I just discovered last night that it will play movies copied (oops, I mean backed-up) onto DVD+R recordable discs Razz

Hey MazdaNut - can you confirm that you were using a DVD+R in your DVD player, or was it a DVD-R? When I play DVD+R, I get about 1 second of video, then it freezes up. AudioVox says no writeable formats are supported, but they say sometimes DVD-R will work. What exactly were you using??
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Who makes Mazda DVD player? Reply with quote

Salter00 - you may have to PM him as he posted this thread in June 2003... Wink

Kiwimpv

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
fugitiveALiEN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Who makes Mazda DVD player? Reply with quote

Sounds like it's playing the DVD< have you tried burning at a slower rate? try 1x (sleep on it Wink) and if it works keep trying faster burned discs till it stops playback. Also the brand of media may be a factor as well as trying a +/- RW disc and see how they fare. Try burning at 1x for now since you're actually getting video to eliminate that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: