MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Tyre wear
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

It appears that although there are instances in the U.S, Canada and Mainland Europe. The problem seems to be mainly UK based.
Thankfully at least my dealer has contacted all its customers to inform them to check their tyres for wear, after I saw an old chap out in a 1yr old car blissfully unaware that all 4 tyres were worn through on the inside edge......

I think the Mazda Corporation owe all of its Mazda 5 customers the duty of care to at least bring the problem to their attention, so they can keep an eye out for excessive wear.

Dads_Taxi

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Hi, I've just found this forum mentioned on the Honest John website. How are you lot getting on with the tyre wear problems? I'm surprised to see no further posts since February.
I've had no luck whatsoever getting a satisfactory response from Mazda UK. My front tyres both have a smooth narrow band around the inside edge and are being replaced tomorrow with 41% of the cost being met by Mazda, at 12,500 miles.

I'd be pleased to hear from anyone out there who has had an admittance from Mazda that there IS a problem with front tyre wear. Anyone?Huh?.....

Dave.

Mazda 5 2.0D Sport-Nav
Phantom Blue
WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

My car has just had new tyres all round @ 20000 miles. This is the third full set on a car less than 3 years old....
Let's hope that the adjustments to the geometry sort the problem!!!

thecowsmate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Well

How the tyre wear issue going? i have a 2006 mazda 5 sport nav and at 11800 miles I have front tyres that have worn through o the mesh. ery dangerous!!!

i have seen on other sites:

http://www.mazdaforum.com/m_39069/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#47913

That this is common? problem although Mazda UK don't recognise it. I will be off Monday to get new and will be straight round to the dealer. I don't know what the dealer will do / say. Did you have any luck. Is there any advice from anybody on the way ahead?
WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Get down to your dealer and get them to replace them. You are more likely to get MMUK to refund some of the replacement cost. If your local tyre place replace them it is your word against the might of MMUK. You end up footing them bill.
Tell your dealer to speak to Jon Smith @ MMUK 01322 622 750 He knows all about the problem and WILL do something about it.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

thecowsmate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. So I should get down to the dealer and not getb the tyres done tomorrow? I'll nip down Monday and see what they say. I'll use the MMUK contact Jon Smith, (very common name) and see what they say. Doesn't bode well for the future though does it. £250 every 10000 miles. hmmmmm not good value for money. Is there a solution?
WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

MMUK claim that;
Dunlop have changed the manufacture of the SP 2050's to prevent the wear. (Total tosh according to Dunlop. Also Avon tyres wore in the same way on my car when they were fitted)
MMUK claim to have worked out how to realign the geometry of the wheels properly to make the tyres sit flat on the ground, therefore eliminating the wear problem. (Only time will tell).

You can contact Jon via his email which is jsmit721@mazdaeurope.com
The more people who start moaning at him directly the sooner MMUK will publicly acknowledge the problem and make owners aware of this potentially dangerous problem.

Good luck

thecowsmate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Well, so far so good. Laughing Contacted Jon Smith this morning by phone at MMUK and although he didn't admit there was a problem he sort of acknowledged it. We phoned him first so that we did the right thing and there was no question of the tyre wear if we had gone elsewhere and had them replaced. Jon contacted Mazda European ssstance who came and collected the car and took it o the dealership. In the mean time we phoned the deale who although not admitting there is a problem admitted that he had 2 other 5s with similar problem lthough he said usually rear tyre wear and mie is front. Anyway Mazda european assistance have a coutesy car in the services so we have a loan car and are now waiting for the dealer to let us know what is next. Razz They have checked the geometary but not told us the outcome yet. We did find out that at the service at 8400 miles the tyres were already worn to illegal level and I should havebeen told then. the dealer didn't tell m only that I had uneven wear and should keep an eye on the pressure. I've done 3000 miles on illegal and dangerous tyres with the famly onboard! Evil or Very Mad Needless to say i'm not happy. However I will await the return of the 5 and see how much Mazda will stump up for tyres and if there is a solution to the problem and keep you informed. I want to work with MMUK to get the problem sorted and not have premature tyre wear and rubbish resale value.
WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Good on you.
I agree with you MMUK simply need to acknowledge the problem and tell people.
Then they need to sort it out.

gpzjack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

I am now getting up over 12k and my fronts are shot...i am just going to replace all four...the toyo's suck big time. My tires have worn evenly ...just very bad. I think its the tires not the car
07 Subaru Legcay
06 MAZDA5 TOURING CARBON GRAY
96 DAKOTA SPORT
78 FIREBIRD
03 KAWASAKI CONCOURS
( www.shadesandmore.net )
fredkfchan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

WidgenEds Dad wrote:
Mazda Uk have just stumped up to cover the cost of the replacement tyres. This suggests that there is a problem!
I suggest that you keep a close eye on the wear of all the tyres. Also keep a close eye on the tyre pressures. 32psi all round is reccomended unless heavily loaded.

Hi all,

I am a newer for this forum. I just put my deposit on a new Mazda 5 Sport TD and suppose to pick the car in 2 weeks. Thinking about the tyres problem, do u think i should cancel my order.... really hit me hard this time. What is the best thing i should do. Shocked

Best regards,

Frederick
jannishan213

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Hi nearly all tyre fitter places will do a full geometry check for free and only charge if adjustments need doing
ODwyerPW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Posting to this thread. Here in the US, folks are complaining about the fast and abnormal wear on the 2006 Mazda 5. I just looked at one tonight and asked the owner.. and he said "Yeah, I go through a lot of tires."

Spoke to another... He says the fix is to install a Camber Correction kit that is offered on the Mazda3 when you do extreme lowering.

Apparently, that kit corrects the geometry... follow the installation with a good alignment and tire life improves.

I'm going to research this further.
hildac07
先生

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Adidas Sneakers
Longchamp
Pandora Charms Sale
Nike Shoes
Pandora Jewelry Official Site
Timberlad Boots For Men
Pandora
Adidas Outlet Store
Jordan Retro 11
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Cheap Pandora Charms
Pandora Jewelry Canada
Moncler
Nike Air Max
Air Force 1
Air Max 90 Pas Cher
Nike Air Max
Nike Shoes For Women
Nike KD Shoes
Jordan 11 GYM Red
Moncler UK
Nike Outlet
Yeezys
Puma Shoes For Women
Polo Ralph Lauren
Pandora
Red Bottoms
Yeezy Beluga 2.0
Pandora Bracelets
Lebrons Shoes
Louboutin Shoes

Hilda Cole
ploy2018

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Yeezy Boost 350 V2
Ralph Lauren Sale Clearance UK
Pandora Jewelry Outlet
Lebron 15
Polo Ralph Lauren Outlet Online Store
Curry 4
Nike Uptempo
Coach Factory Outlet
Ecco UK
Kyrie Irving Shoes
Jordan Space Jam 11
Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2
Kate Spade Outlet
Red Bottom Shoes For Women
Pandora Jewelry
Longchamp Outlet Sale
Pandora Charms
Coach Outlet Store
Stephen Curry 4
Vapor Max
Lebron 15
Michael Kors Outlet
Harden Shoes
Ultra Boost 3.0
Kate Spade Outlet Online
Under Armour Shoes
Nike Air Max Black Friday
Clark Shoes

Patricia Loy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: