MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

If you encounter an 'Error in posting' when you reply to a post, try keeping the Subject line of the reply under 35 characters or so.

P0757 Shift Solenoid Circuit B Stuck ON
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmbpawn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: P0757 Shift Solenoid Circuit B Stuck ON Reply with quote

My 2002 Mazda MPV has only a little over 17,000 miles on it but yesterday the CHECK ENGINE symbol came on. According to Auto Zones hand held gizmo, I have a shift solenoid in the transmission that is stuck on. The transmission seems to work normally though. The van is out of warranty since 3 years have past. My questions are:

1. Should I take it to the dealer for repair or could a local mechanic handle this.

2. Does the transmission have to be removed to repair or replace this solenoid?

3. What would be a reasonable price to pay to fix this problem?

4. Is there anything such as shifting back and forth or such that I could do that might cure the problem? (I am sure this is a remote probability but...)

Thanks very much!
nls
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: P0757 Shift Solenoid Circuit B Stuck ON Reply with quote

Search is a great tool, so if you do one for "shift solenoid", you will get the following:

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=11068

The 11068 is the topic number, and you can replace that with 4872, 5499, 4014, 3068, and 1542, to find a number of threads related to this issue. Hopefully you wil get a lot more information from them.
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: P0757 Shift Solenoid Circuit B Stuck ON Reply with quote

http://www.mpvclub.com/tsb.php?id=144

If you have taken your MPV to the dealer in the past for routine stuff, they might opt to do this out of warranty. Asking nicely might help too.

For general reprogramming of the tranny, I wouldn't take the MPV to a local mechanic as they won't have the software or programming tool necessary to fix this.

-Brian

Mazda MPV---MPVClub.com

2011 Ford Explorer XLT, Tuxedo Black Metallic - the "Beast"
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Sterling Grey Metallic - the "Hyper"

2002 Mazda MPV ES - retired
kocho

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: P0757 Shift Solenoid Circuit B Stuck ON Reply with quote

I do not want to be a pain resurrecting this thread, but there seems to be more to getting a P0757 than meets the eye Smile (and what's in this post so far).

According to the service notice (see below), even though P0757 is stored, there may actually be absolutely nothing wrong with the solenoid B. Instead, a new TCM is needed. The notice does not state that a reflash would suffice.

Service Notice for "TCM error/MIL ON/false DTC P0757 stored":

http://www.mpvclub.com/prb.php?id=57

Can anyone confirm please if the TCM indeed needs to be changed? My friend's '02 MPV falls within the VIN and is showing this with the CEL light on intermitently.

Lastly, his car is fresh out of warranty and he has done the TCM reflash previously - wouldn't this mean that Mazda should have replaced the TCM, not just reflashed? And if so, wouldn't you think that he should be able to have this done now for free?

Thanks!

'04 MPV LX
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: P0757 Shift Solenoid Circuit B Stuck ON Reply with quote

No recall or Special Service Program stating to do so, so probably not something they need to do or are required. I doubt you'd get the dealer to foot the bill for a new one outside of warranty. Doesn't hurt to try though.

-Brian

Mazda MPV---MPVClub.com

2011 Ford Explorer XLT, Tuxedo Black Metallic - the "Beast"
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Sterling Grey Metallic - the "Hyper"

2002 Mazda MPV ES - retired
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: